So you want to build big muscles? Simple, isn’t it? Just join a gym and hit those weights regularly and viola, in a couple of months, you will gain so much muscle mass that you are ready to take on any bodybuilding contest. Is it really that simple to build big muscles? Well, to gain muscle mass, there is much more than just hitting the gym regularly. Here are some muscle mass gaining tips:-
a) Eat and Eat – To build muscles, you must eat. Your calorie consumption must be more than your calorie expenditure. If you expand all the calories you have eaten, then where are the calories to build muscles?
2) Protein – Make sure that you eat enough protein. You should eat at least one gram of protein per pound of your body weight every day if you want to gain muscle mass fast. If you don’t get enough protein, your muscles won’t grow big.
3) Supplement – If you cannot have adequate protein from your normal meals, supplement with protein shakes. If you want more strength so that you can lift heavier weights to grow bigger muscles, take the Creatine supplement.
4) Weight Training – You must lift with heavyweights and add on more weight consistently to progressively build your muscles. But it is very important not to sacrifice correct lifting techniques and form for the sake of lifting heavier.
5) Lift Free Weights – Use free weights like dumbbells and barbells to recruit more muscle fibers so that more muscle fibers can be worked on.
6) Compound Exercises – Work with compound exercises like bench presses, squats, barbell rows, chin-ups, and deadlifts to build big muscle mass. If you concentrate on working your puny muscles like your biceps, then you will only have puny muscle growth.
7) Get Enough Rest – Have rest days in between your workout days and do not work for the same muscle group more than twice a week. Your muscles need to recover from your workouts in order to grow big.
8) Get Enough Sleep – Sleep at least 8 hours a day. More even better. Your muscles grow when you sleep.
If you practice the above 8 steps consistently, your muscles will grow fast and big. Of course, there are many more things you can do to achieve a competitive bodybuilder’s physique of which I cannot cover in just an article here. So do research for more knowledge.